According to the Measuring Instruments Directive (MID), the label of a measuring device must bear the following inscriptions:
- Contact information of the manufacturer (name, registered trademark and address)
- Where applicable, the contact details of the importer
- Where applicable, the ID number of the notified body that assessed the product
- information in respect of its accuracy, and, where appropriate, information about the conditions of use
- measuring range and capacity
- conformity marking (e.g. CE marking)
- reference number of the EU-type examination certificate or, alternatively, the reference number of the EU-design examination certificate
- information regarding the compliance of additional devices providing metrological results with the provisions of Directive 2014/32/EU on legal metrological control.
Note: Additional labelling requirements may apply if specified in the applicable harmonised standards.