All equipment and protective systems covered by Directive 2014/34/EU must be marked legibly and indelibly with the following information:
- CE marking symbol
- The ID number of the accredited notified body that has assessed the product
- Contact information of the producer (name, trademark and address)
- Where applicable, the contact details of the importer
- The batch or serial number, if any
- Designation of series or type
- Year of construction
- The specific marking of explosion protection (see image below) and the symbol of the equipment group and category
- For equipment-group II, the letter 'G' (regarding explosive atmospheres caused by gases, mists or vapours) and/or the letter 'D' (regarding explosive atmospheres caused by dust).
Additionally, where necessary, products must also be marked with all the information essential to their safe use.
Note: Additional labelling requirements may apply if stipulated in the relevant harmonised standards.