The Declaration of Conformity for complying with the requirements of the PPE Regulation (EU) 2016/425 must have the following elements:
- PPE information (product name, and type, batch or serial number)
- Name and address of the manufacturer
- Where applicable, details of the authorised representative
- An object of the Declaration, including identification information about the product allowing its traceability and, where necessary, a colour image.
- The following statement or similar "This declaration of conformity is issued under the sole responsibility of the manufacturer."
- The statement "The object of the declaration described in point 4 conforms with the relevant Union harmonisation legislation: …."
- Reference information about the relevant harmonised standards used or references to the other technical specifications
- Where applicable, the ID number of the notified body, the relevant conformity assessment module, and the reference number of the EU type-examination certificate.
- Where applicable, the following statement "the PPE is subject to the conformity assessment procedure … under the surveillance of the notified body … (name, number)"
- Signature details (name, function, place and date of issue).
More info on the subject can be found in Annex IX of the Regulation.