The Declaration of Conformity for complying with the requirements of the BGF Regulation (EU) 2016/426 must have the following elements:
- Product name
- Product type, batch or serial number
- Information about the manufacturer (name and address)
- Where applicable, information about the authorised representative
- The statement "This declaration of conformity is issued under the sole responsibility of the manufacturer."
- An object of the Declaration of Conformity (product description, identification details allowing the product's traceability and, where necessary, a product photo)
- The statement "The object of the declaration described in point 4 is in conformity with the relevant Union harmonisation legislation: …."
- References to the relevant harmonised or non-harmonised standards.
- Notified body details and type of activities performed
- Information about the certificate issued by the Notified body (e.g. date of issue, and duration and conditions of its validity)
- Where applicable, instructions on how the fitting should be integrated into an appliance or assembled to constitute an appliance to assist compliance with the essential requirements that apply to finished devices.
- Signature details.
Detailed information on the topic can be found in Annex V of the Regulation.