The Declaration of Conformity for complying with the requirements of the TOY Directive 2009/48/EC must have the following elements:
- unique identification number of the toy
- contact details of the producer or their authorised representative (e.g. name and address)
- The sentence "This declaration of conformity is issued under the sole responsibility of the manufacturer."
- An object of the Declaration of Conformity (identification details allowing the product's traceability and an image)
- The statement "The object of the declaration described in point 4 is in conformity with the relevant Union harmonisation legislation: …."
- References to the relevant harmonised standards and/or other technical specifications.
- Where applicable, notified body details, type of conformity activities performed and reference number of the certificate issued by the notified body.
- Signature details.
Detailed information on the topic can be found in Annex III of the Directive.