The Declaration of Conformity for complying with the requirements of the LVD Directive 2014/35/EU must have the following components:
- An object of the Declaration (i.e. identification of the product and a photo)
- Product model number
- Manufacturer's contact information or that of their authorised representative
- The following statement "This declaration of conformity is issued under the sole responsibility of the manufacturer."
- The sentence "The object of the declaration is in conformity with the relevant Union harmonisation legislation."
- References to applicable harmonised standards or other technical methods that were applied to prove compliance with the requirements of the Directive
- Signature details.
For more information, check Annex IV of the Directive.