The Declaration of Conformity for complying with the requirements of the RED Directive 2014/53/EU must have the following particularities:
- Object of the Declaration (i.e. identification of the radio equipment and an image)
- Equipment's model number
- Where applicable, description of any accessories and components, including software.
- Manufacturer's contact details or those of their EU authorised representative
- Notified body information (ID, name)
- Activities completed by the Notified body
- Number of the EU certificate given by the Notified body
- The sentence "This declaration of conformity is issued under the sole responsibility of the manufacturer."
- References to harmonised or non-harmonised standards used to prove conformity with the Directive's requirements
- The sentence "The object of the declaration is in conformity with the relevant Union harmonisation legislation."
- Signature details.
For more information, check Annex VI of the Directive. For a simplified version of the Declaration of Conformity, please check Annex VII.