The Declaration of Conformity for complying with the requirements of the NAWI Directive 2014/31/EU must contain the following elements:
- The statement "This declaration of conformity is issued under the sole responsibility of the manufacturer."
- The unique model number of the instrument
- Object of the Declaration (i.e. product identification and an image)
- Contact information of the manufacturing company
- Where relevant, contact information of the appointed EU authorised representative
- The following information: notified body .… (name, 4-digit number) .… carried out .… (description of activities) .… and issued the certificate .... (reference number).
- References to standards (harmonised or non-harmonised) applied to show compliance with the Directive's provisions
- A statement, such as "The object of this declaration complies with the relevant Union harmonisation legislation … (a reference to the legislation)."
- Signature details.
For more information on the topic, check Annex IV of the Directive.