The Declaration of Conformity for complying with the essential requirements of the ATEX Directive 2014/34/EU must contain the following components:
- The statement "This declaration of conformity is issued under the sole responsibility of the manufacturer."
- Unique model/serial number of the product
- Object (i.e. product identification and an image)
- Contact details of the manufacturing company
- Where relevant, contact details of the appointed EU authorised representative
- Where applicable, the following information: Notified body .… (legal name, 4-digit number) .… performed …. (type of activities) .… and issued the certificate …. (ref. number).
- References to methods (harmonised or non-harmonised standards) applied to show conformity with the Directive's provisions
- A sentence, such as "The object of this declaration complies with the applicable Union harmonisation legislation … (a reference to the relevant Directive)."
- Signature details.
For more information on the topic, check Annex X of the Directive.